Through the cycle of the year, we will foster deep connection with the plant realm. We will spend time working with a variety of plants and making medicinal preparations. We will begin during Imbolc or Brighid 2023 and travel through the year to Winter Solstice 2023. This series is for folks who may be new to the realm of herbalism and wanting to deepen their practices, or folks who have had some experience with plants and are seeking to deepen their relations with the plant realm.
Dates and Times: This is a tentative class schedule. Most of the dates are set, but there may be changes to times.
- Class 1 - Imbolc - Sunday, February 5th 12pm-2pm
- Cottonwood - Infused Herbal Oils - Gathering Plants in Nature
- Class 2 - Spring Equinox - Wednesday, April 5th 5pm-7pm
- Spring Herbs for Cleansing and Nourishing - Dandelion, Nettle, Cleavers, Horsetail
- Class 3 - Beltane - Monday, May 1st 5pm-7pm
- Class 4 - Summer Solstice - Date TBA
- Making a Tincture with Fresh Herbs
- Class 5 - Lammas - Date TBD
- Dried Herb Tinctures and Percolations
- Class 6 - Autumn Equinox - Sunday, September 24th 12pm-4pm
- Class 7 - Samhain - Sunday, October 29th 12pm-4pm
- Class 8 - Winter Solstice 2023 - Sunday, December 17th 12pm-4pm
- Closing Circle - Herbs for Dreaming, Self Care, and Rest
In this course we will explore the following:
- Developing a deep connection with plants
- Making plant medicine-tinctures, teas, salves, steams, essences, infused oils, bath salts, oxymels, cordials. We may explore other topics not listed depending on our class participants.
- Growing your own herb garden
- Gathering plants
- Processing plants
- Drying and storage of plants
- Herbal self care
- Attuning to the landscape and developing connections with the elements
- Herbalism through the cycle of the seasons
- Permaculture and regenerative design practices using medicinal herbs, fiber art plants-dye/basketry, culinary herbs, and food.
- Plant meditations and how to build an altar
- Exploring the energies of the cycles of the year and how the plants express themselves as well as how we connect to the greater landscape around us
What you will receive as a participant:
- Guidance in attuning to the plant realm
- Plant walks, identification, and learning medicinal, fiber, and beneficial garden usage of plants
- Making plant medicine through the cycle of the seasons
- A connected container of friends to share passion and love for plants and the landscape together
- Understanding the cycles of the seasons and how our bodies and the landscape mirror one another and thus the Earth offers us gifts within each season to explore.
- Personalized guidance in your own relationship to the plant realm through an hour long, one on one divination reading or healing session with Angel.
- Necessary tools-oils, alcohol, plant material, etc-to make small batches of plant medicine.
- Learning drying, storage, processing, gathering practices of a variety of medicines.
- Seeds and propagation material for your own home garden.
Classes will be held in a variety of places.
- Angel’s Home and Garden in Home Valley
- Various Outdoor Locations in the Gorge for Plant Walks
$30-60 per class. Depending on duration of class and materials needed This includes medicine making materials.
How to register:
- Registration will be on a class by class basis, and pre-registration is required so materials can be sourced for each participant. Please fill out the form below and I will be in touch with more information about registration.